Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Tutti Fruiti LOL

 I could have really had a good time with this one....  Tutti Fruiti colors....  The connection of my name with Tutti Fruiti has been a lifelong thing for me, so if I really wanted to get creative, I could have run with this parameter....  That being said, this week, I had a creative challenge, I wasn't in a good mindset from the get go ... I had other things going on in my life and my mood wasn't very peppy....  

I look at my card, and yes, I should have/could have and if I used my first card as my "test" card, then final card would have looked slightly different.  BUT....I am trying to be a one and done, and move on, rather than have tons of scraps and stuff to finish as I make "extras".  Had my old me continued to make "extras"...I would have never gotten to my 124th Craft Roulette contribution....  I'll elaborate on what I'd do different later on.

 Starting with the parameters:

Project:  Easy peasy.....  This is a typical A2 size card:  4-1/4" x 5-1/2"

Colors:  Tutti Fruiti:  My inspo colors shown here:  

Element/Container:  My tote bag is a container

Random/Unusual Color:  One of the tomatoes is an unusual color....greenish orange, the preripening stage...you don't typically see green ones in the grocery store, at least I don't...but we will pick them out of the garden green....btw I sure loved fried green tomaotes when we were in Gulfport, MS....maybe it was the fun cheesy sauce poured on top...so yummy....the movie is pretty good too....I think it's leaving Netflix, I just watched it a few weeks ago, glad I did before it's gone.  (so rambling there, but hey that's me)

 OK....couple of comments.  My produce was limited in my bag....the only other "fruit" included in my stamp set... were strawberries....  and my original "thought" was to have the ingredients to make a batch of fresh salsa.  I know if I looked hard enough in my craft studio, I'd probably find a stamp set that included onions, and other salsa ingredients to add...but, they wouldn't have been the same kind of solid looking stamp....or...I could have gone with die cuts all the way, or even pulled other fruit stamp sets of mine, I think I have some other solidy type sets.  I was lazy, and unenthused, my hip was hurting and I just wanted to work with what I had.  

What would I do different, if I were to make another.

 For starters....I'd probably nix the stamped flowers, and use a die cut of flowers instead.  I'm ok with the the yellow color, but, a brighter yellow might have been a better option, or a white flower colored with a bright yellow alcohol marker, to stay with the "inks"....  Speaking of inks...I don't stamp with these types of stamps too often, so this was a fun opportunity for me to learn.  I eyeball things, rather than painfully aligning things with thing-a-majigs and stamp platforms.  Maybe my frustration would have been less had I taken the effort to be more precise...I get impatient though, and as much as I LOVE my 3 different stamp platforms, I'm a clear block kind of stamper, and even have all my olden day stamps still on wood blocks.  Something about the "power" of plunking that block onto the card stock....  works for me.   

Next change....speaking of inks....I probably should have tried to use dye inks rather than distress oxide hybrid inks....for my contents.  I did use some dye inks for my green tomato, but, I suspect had I used dye inks all the way with the other contents...my image might POP more.  Now that I mentioned POP...if I really wanted to go there.....perhaps some glossy accents?  Hmmm...maybe not...the overlapped produce might not fare well if so...just a thought...  What do you all think?  :)

 Next in line for nixing and doing different.... Definitely not make those little black dots...they look weird.

NO BOW!!!  Well, I want a bow, just not a fabric one.  I love this ribbon, and use it in our chocolate factory for fun summer things ...... but had I not been lazy, I would have gone through my thousands of dies to find a bow shape, that I could cut out of card stock...  That would have kept this a one-stamper, if I ever choose to mail this...and might look a little less like my style that I used to have, 20+ years ago... 

The ribbon is PERFECT for this fun chocolate trio of sun/sunglasses & flipflops!

Last...I can't believe this one slipped past me, but, even last night, when I was finishing this card up...I didn't feel the urge to do it...but, my instincts is to add some additional bling on this somewhere....or NOT?  I see the 5 rhinestones, and am afraid if I added more, it would be too much.  Once I adhered that bow on there....I said DONE...  I'm OK so so with this card.  I adore this stamp and die combo set:

Spellbinders: Fresh Packed Clear Stamp and Die Set 

I recently started subscribing to their monthly club(s) again....and decided to pick a few up from the past....this was one.  I think the tote is cute, and it was fun to make!  

 Well, that's the jest of it all....  I  can't believe next Craft Roulette I contribute will be 125 for me!  That's a whole lot of cards!  Some weeks are going to be better than others for me, and some weeks...I may just need to take a break....but....I tend to find myself in my craft studio, rummaging through my mega options, and just sitting down for a lil ole fashioned try....  The next thing I know, it's midnight or so, and I've started something that I feel the need to finish before any deadline.  I am getting faster and faster, and less tedious....I really needed to train my brain there.  Some weeks will be simple, some more intense, but hopefully all will be fun.  I will say, looking at my "Tutti Fruiti" colored card, it does look bright and cheerful, and just might put a sunshiney smile on someone's face....now...off to see if it will slide through a mail slider as a card, or a one stamper, because of that dang bow....  lol!

 Til next time! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tutti Fruiti LOL

 I could have really had a good time with this one....  Tutti Fruiti colors....  The connection of my name with Tutti Fruiti has been a life...