Well, Happy WCMD! It's fun seeing what great deals are going on in the paper crafting world right now. I have been watching the Craft Roulette event today, I believe there are 13 guests representing today, I've watched a couple so far, and plan to finish up later on. I seem to always walk away with some fun new tips and ideas, plus learn about some terrific offers going on today~!
The parameters this week are the same for the WCMD Craft Roulette demos, so far, it's been fun watching the different interpretations of the parameters:
My interpretations:
- Card On A Card Project: I actually have TWO cards on my card! lol
- Celebration Colors: I had the Lunar New Year or Red Carpet vibe going on here....
- Water(S)(Ing) Element: You 100% cannot see that I spritzed my ink blended red background with a bit of water before adhering my holographic laminate. I love this stuff, I've ordered now 4? times over the last 3 or so years. It was another crafter who recommended it, and I couldn't say more how wonderful it is! Great value, and goes a LONG way! I will throw caution, however to using glues on the backside of whatever you used it on. There will be "puckers" and streaks, for all kinds of glues, it's probably best to adhere anything you apply this to with TAPE. TRUST ME...I used glue last night with this and REGRET that decision.... (I edited a streak or 2 out of this picture, plus...I covered up with elements....trust me on this!!!!
- Confetti Random: Little confetti shapes as accents!!!
So now for the fun facts with this card!!! I dug out of the archives, aka as the gajillions of stamp sets that I've never used from my hobby demo days...... I knew I needed the playing cards stamps back then, who knew it would be 20 years later, that I'd finally ink them up! I was tempted to not adhere to the wood blocks these came with, but...I might be in the minority here, I LOVE the feel of stamping with wood blocks. As much as I love my stamp platforms and clear blocks, etc....I love wood blocking it...so, it was a bit nostalic for me the finally dig this set out and ink it up. I was confused how to color...so, I even heat embossed, another vintage technique, lol...(I love the look, not the effort)...and did so effortlessly, then colored over the hearts and diamonds with a red alcohol marker...
I mentioned #3 in justifications my failed use of "water". While I had been hunting for a sentiment to accompany this card of cards...I found one of the very first clear stamps I ever acquired. And there I saw the sentiment "Hail to your Highness" jump out. HAIL! I waffled back and forth on using this sentiment. I decided against it, I thought the water really did show enough through that film. I wanted this card to make sense for someone to eventually give to someone... (I have ideas who this would be good for)... So, I used a sentiment that is included in my Scrappy Boy Cleopatra set. I was satisfied and FINISHED on a Friday night, which is RARE.... I usually coast along for a few days.
Well...overnight it started bugging me....that dang water parameter was not to my liking...so...today, I went ahead and added the "Hail" sentiment to my card. I honestly cant' tell you if it makes any sense coupled with the inside sentiment. But...I achieved all 4 parameters, and just submitted my card.
Who could this go to? Well... I know several couple who love to drop in a time or 2 to a casino here or there. We have traveled with other couples to Vegas, I have sisters who love to go with their hubbies, and friend couples who I know love to try out their luck with either slots or cards too. It's an "in moderation" thing, and I know if I lived in Vegas, I'd probably never step foot into a casino, but when we go for a little getaway, it certainly is fun for us to take in the lights, shows, people watch, eat good food, and try a little luck too, whether it be with slots or cards. Like I said, in moderation....this card could easily be an anniversary or "couples" card of some sort. Just not sure about the "Hail" part as a "couples" thing, I was tempted to not adhere it to the card...and just take a picture with it sitting there, but...I am so literal here!
So, there you have it! I'll be back next week, or next time, I never know from week to week, if I'm going to get a card in...but....if I start something, I certainly will intend to finish!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment