Saturday, August 29, 2026

With Lemons...There is Lemonade!

 I'm suddenly craving lemonade.  The mere mention of a certain restaurant in Spokane (Tomato Street) is making me want a Huckleberry Lemonade.  I know, off topic, but this wonderfully fun place to eat is a MUST GO TO if you are ever in Spokane.  We've been during volleyball tournaments, it's a charmingly fun place to go to, and the food is exceptional...you MUST order a signature lemonade while there too!

OK...enough about that....

 I actually found inspo last night, to start and finish my card.  I have bloopers on this one...and I even lost a couple of cut out ephemera pieces that I chose not to use...I had them, put them in a bag to stash with the rest of this super fun components that came with the  You're the Zest June 2026 "Whit Kit"...and then POOF they disappeared.  It was only 2 pieces, and even after today, cleaning my desk...I still can't find them.  yikes yikes and more yikes.  I choose today, to NOT stress about 2 ephemera pieces that came in this kit, along with 2 sheets of fun options.  I may never find them, but...it is what it is...no stress..supposed to be fun...although it was driving me batty last night, and even a little today.  It appears I have a craft ghost playing along with me.


 So a little about the parameters and my reasons why I went this route....

Number 1:  Include an ATC

For starters... I have never EVER made an ATC card.  I'm under the impression, an ATC card is made to trade with others, similar to a business card.  I kind of like that notion, but, I wasn't under the impression I needed to spend hours and hours on cranking one out ... simply because of the small size:  2-1/2" x 3-1/2" but also IF I were to crank out a big ole stack one day to trade, I honestly wouldn't want to spend hours and hours on one card...so...I went with simple and fast...  I will say, my original ideas, were ICK...so I wasted an hour or so, trying to make ICK work...  but, when I finally settled with keeping with my card theme, things went faster for me...  I absolutely LOVE coloring these lemons, so...it very well be, that I do make a little stack of these to trade one day at a card retreat.  I know I received some really fun ones this year at Paperganza, once I organize my treasures that came home with me from KC, I may share on here.
 
I wanted my ATC to be removed, so my lemon branch, served as a pocket...
 

 Number 2:  Produce Aisle Colors:  

I have a feeling I had lemons and limes on my mind....  I have planned to cook a chicken, jalapeno &  pineapple taco dinner thing, and I was gathering limes, next to some lemons yesterday at the grocery store....  I also have been wanting to ink up these lemons, so..my produce aisle is the lemons & limes, in a kraft colored produce box.  I can picture this in a grove actually...  I love these colors.  For a brief moment, I was trying to justify the blue on here...  well, it came with the kit for starters, and it goes so well with this set of cool patterned papers that is included in this kit.  It's called Limoncello Garden, and it just gives me that European vibe, or maybe the vibe you feel when you walk into the MGM Park, kind of the bistro, cobblestone street vibe you'd see in a village in Italy or France.  I am probably watching way too many cooking shows, but, I truly get that vision in my head...  wish I was actually there!  lol

 Number 3:

 Lemon tree!!!!  So today, after looking once again the parameters...  I really do think, a Christmas tree would have been SUPER EASY... especially since I just got a crate full of Christmas dies, including a tree, and a stencil with circles.  The colors too, would have been super produce aisle, lettuce and veggies.  yikes.  I'm glad I went the lemon route though, and although this is only a branch...it does come off a TREE... I do not feel this is a bit of "stretchy pants"...  we assume that this branch is connected to a tree...  I guess if we want to get technical, we also could graft this branch to become a tree.  (We have grafted fruit trees here on the farm, and in our beautiful state of Washington, orchardists here have developed world famous varieties by doing so.  (Think Cosmic Crsip, which personally, I believe is over rated...just my opinion...I'm a true and true Golden Girl for multipurpose use, and I sure LOVE Fujis..crisp and sweet)  That being said, each variety does have its perks.

Number 4:

I actually prefer parameters that make me think of some unique way to get them on there...but...after my hours of working on this card last night, I did see those circles in the pattern of the background paper jump out at me...so...my 3 circles are featured in the pattern of the paper.


 So, I decided to finish up the inside.  This is now ready to mail to someone.  That's been one of my hopes this year, is to finish up each card to have ready..rather than leave insides undone.  My next goal, is to actually mail them out.  lol  

 Moving forward...

I have a bunch to share.  I made a simple set of cards, that I will share on there this week...and I do want to show you a little of what came home with me from Paperganza.  That being said, I've been spinning my wheels now for a couple of weeks, or I feel that way.  Our holiday season hit me while I was away visiting and having fun in the Midwest!  So, I've been playing catch up with many chocolate quotes and holiday gift design.  As much as I want to play with stamps and ink and card stock...my day biz, has to take priority...I think I'm mostly caught up....but, I see possibly a big 4th quarter, I just go with the flow...

 Till next time!

 

I'm not following a particular recipe, I'm going to wing it...but, I HOPE to make these for dinner...I'll eyeball quantities, I'm not wanting to follow a recipe for this, I really don't want to dig out my instant pot, and it's too late for crock pot.... so I found these instructions, looks easy enough! 

Instructions
  1. Simmer Sauce: Combine pineapple juice, honey, hot sauce, paprika, and jalapeño in a skillet over medium heat for 3–4 minutes.
  2. Add Chicken & Fruit: Stir in the shredded chicken and pineapple chunks, cooking for about 5 minutes until warm and coated.
  3. Assemble & Serve: Warm your tortillas, spoon the chicken mixture inside, and top with optional slaw, cilantro, lime juice, and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

With Lemons...There is Lemonade!

 I'm suddenly craving lemonade.  The mere mention of a certain restaurant in Spokane ( Tomato Street ) is making me want a Huckleberry L...