Sunday, August 30, 2026

Nice Lil Autumn Mice!

 I recently took the leap of becoming a subscriber to the Unity Stamps Kit of the Month.  I find the kit to be of huge value, with savings and member benefits to go along with.  I thought I'd give it a whirl for awhile, and I have enjoyed having the decisions made for me,  I can expect a delivery each month that will give me hours of entertainment.  It's a good deal.  The kit includes the contents of 5 stamp sets that are new and fun each month.  You can opt out of a month too, in the case you already have similar stamps in your stash...in that case, you can purchase any of the "sets" individually.  

 This set is called Mice & Cozy and might be one of the funnest set of images I have ever colored!

I felt the simplicity of these cute little mousies merited the same with the card...  not my typical style, I decided to go very light on embellishments and layers.  These went quickly...I colored 15 card fronts in one night, the hardest part was probably getting a smooth blended sky in there.  I decided to do that prior to my coloring, and I didn't put a lot of masking effort into doing so, like NO masking at all... That being said, I didn't get any distress oxide inks inside my uncolored mice or leaves or acorns, etc...I was fearful if I did, I might ruin my markers.  (Tell me I'm lazy without telling me I'm lazy)...  It wasn't that I wanted to prove a point that I could do something fast.  I actually was a little overly critical of my work towards the adhering to the cardstock part....in fact so much that I got flustered and said a few words that I can't really share...hands shaking and STRESS...it was my GLUES fault... (another topic for another day)

I couldn't decide...vanilla base or white base for my card stock choice....  so...I did both for each mouse...  I think originally I thought white, but felt Autumn is more of a golden color, so perhaps the ivory cream shade of card stock would be a better option....  then in the end... I preferred the white. . 


I made these for a gift to give to someone near and dear to me.  I did decide to make extra and plan to mail a few out this week.  These will only require 1 postage stamp, I know the dimension isn't too thick, and I left them simple to leave space inside for any occasion, from a simple "Hello" to a "Happy Birthday".
 
I hope to make more simple cards in the future.  It truly is interesting to see my style change over the years.  I just go with what feels good and makes my eyes happy.  I do like the crisp and clean look, and will probably do more and more.  I find all of this relaxing, and goodness knows, I have the supplies!
 
Lastly, a few things to address:  I am not affiliated with any company, I just like to share with others some of the vendors I love to use along the way.  Unity is a great company, and if you haven't already heard about them, I can say my experiences have been top notch!  I also often times will publish a blog post with a typo or grammar error.  I will try to go back and fix later on, but in defense to me, I'm usually doing all of this on the fly, and won't catch things until after I'm at home in bed reading my tiny cell phone!
 
Well, be on the lookout for some recap of Paperganza this week!  If I have time, I plan to share some of the fun we had here!!!! 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice Lil Autumn Mice!

 I recently took the leap of becoming a subscriber to the Unity Stamps  Kit of the Month .  I find the kit to be of huge value, with savings...