I got my morning laugh when I was attempting to get a decent photo of my latest Craft Roulette entry...
Before I get too lengthy with this post, which I probably won't, I'm on very little time today, I have zero extra... I recognize my photos are not up to professional photo lab standards...I will tell you, taking a photo of SILVER metallic card stock...is next to impossible in my chocolate facility...and it turns out looking GOLD... what made me laugh, was my "originals"...had a unique looking HAND in the image, sort of alien like...haha...it was my hand/reflection... as I attempted the second time...it was my MORNING FACE... I am NOT a morning person, so, to get a little laugh out of me, was perfection. I'm in a funky mood today, and I suspect for at least the next 1/2 a day, it will be my only chuckle. Later, my sweet daughter is flying into town, I cherish those times together, now that we live 1500 miles apart! yikes! Ultimately, for my pictures, I took them at an angle, where the reflection was the ceiling...ahhh our ceiling is pale yellow, ok, I see why it's gold looking... I give up... for now, this picture will have to do.
Inside of my alien card!
I'm going to be fast here...and brief...here are the parameters and my justifications!:
- Project: A belated birthday card!!! Unfortunately, I need these more often than I should!
- Colors: I googled and this is what I found:
- Element: I chose an alien spaceship!
- Random Sparkles: Sparkles, sparkles everywhere!!! Wink of Stella (spaceship), Holographic Star Film (Blended background, planet), Star Shaker Sprinkles, Star Rhinestones
As a recap... I don't know what I think of this card...I feel it's missing something, and if I were to redo, I'd probably NOT go with the metallic silver card stock. Don't get me wrong, I really love that card stock, but the last few times I've used it, it's hard to hide glue messes, it needs to be polished, otherwise you get fingerprints, and now, learning how hard it is to photograph....I think I'll put it on hold for awhile!!! lol!
NOTE TO SELF and others about this card stock... Be careful IF you glue it on...I love my needle nose applicator on my white glue...if you touch the tip on the back of the card stock, when applying the glue...it will show lines on the front side...trust me...this lesson, I've learned MANY TIMES. Tape might be better... another NOTE TO SELF...if you use that really cool zip glue..DON'T USE IT ON THE BACK OF ANYTHING THAT HAS THE HOLOGRAPHIC FILM APPLIED TO IT!!! I might actually have someone argue with me on this one, but trust me...I've learned the very hard way...your film will PUCKER when that zip glue dries... I LOVE that zip glue, but...it will not work with everything...
SUPPLY LINKIES
Zip Glue : I LOVE this stuff otherwise
Holographic Laminate Star Sticker Paper : Do yourself a favor and order this! A crafter suggested it, and I go through it like crazy!!! It's not pricey either, and so fun!!!!
Aliens Landed in Roswell (Scrappy Boy Stamps) Fun company that specializes in fandom.
So, there you have it! Another week went by... I do want to emphasize... I am NOT an affiliate with any of the above mentioned suppliers. I just like the supplies and love to pass on info to others. To be honest, I don't even know how to go about being an affiliate, and often wonder how that works!
Well toodles!




No comments:
Post a Comment