I think this CR card is perfect for an official ending to summer.... The warm days are behind us, and I'm seeing beautiful fall weather starting. Before you know it, and I'm hoping this doesn't happen anytime soon...that dreary gray skies, cold weather will be here, tempting us with snow, which I am definitely NOT a snow person...I'd rather be a beach gal.... Anyhow, VERY QUICK entry today...as I'm up to the ceiling in holiday orders, and I've got zero spare time....so, discount my poor grammar here if you see any, or typos or rambling, etc...you know ME! My 129 Craft Roulette Entry...oh how I wish this goose we me!!! I can't wait for the real deal when I go someplace tropical in the future!!! lol
First observation here....I did NOT do this purposely, as I intended first for this to be a "Lazy River", which was more of an effort than the time I had.... AND ... I had my "pool" positioned differently, I attempted a horizontal card, instead of a vertical. It looked like my embossed pool "pavement" had a little too much of a crease on one of the "checks", so I wanted to cover it up...I then rotated my card. By doing so, I decided not to over think, I had already been up since 4:30 a.m. working in chocolate, and it was going on 10:30 p.m., knowing 4:30 a.m. comes awfully fast. This card, was a RUSH card...I am not 100% on board with the results, but, I sure can "feel" that cool pool water in my mind!!! :)
The parameters this week:
1. Traditional 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
2. Pool Party Colors: Summery/Citrus
3. Cold or Chilly Element: This COOL Goose is in a COOL pool, drinking a COLD bevvy.
4. Checks Random: Emobossed "checks" on the "pool pavement"... plus a little strip of teeny checks for trim above and below...kind of like grass?
I used the July Whit Kit Cool Goose Summer set... I'm a Whit Kitter, so I get the full deal, included is the fun summer paper...I love it so much I bought an extra pack of Float Club.
Well, back to chocolate! I look forward to next week, and promise I will NOT have a similar looking style of card IF I can fit the time in to participate! I'm getting awfully stressed in my day work, I may need to sit out and work while it's quiet. I hate to start doing that this early, but, it's not fun being behind on orders either!


No comments:
Post a Comment