Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Thinking Holidays!?

So, I'm thinking it might be time to design my holiday card(s)...I usually make my Christmas cards for the following year, during the week of Christmas, (or finish up in January)...that way, I'm still in the spirit, and not so rushed.  Well, (ahem)...this year hasn't been "typical".  It's been anything BUT that!  I have been in creative mode.  BUT...there is no rhyme or reason to any of it.  It's what impulsively "speaks to me"...is what I've been working on! 

I've purchased from some really cool companies, and I want it ALL ALL ALL!  This week, I'm ramping up for the Unity Stamps blog hop....which is coming up this weekend.  It will remain to be a mystery, if I do create with Christmas or the holidays in mind....or, if I find something in my inventory of wonderful stamps that screams....PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!  So many ideas, so little time!!!  

In the meantime...I finished this card January 2018...and gave it out Christmas 2019.  I adored every minute of creating this one....I'm a HUGE fan of Unity Stamps "Angie Girls"....if I thought I'd ever get to using them, I'd order one of each Angie Girl.  (I'm working on it)  I tend to be a fairly slow crafter, but, that's just me...it would/could should be easy to streamline the process...and I could go faster...I even put tape on slow.  hahahaha  (We all get something out of our process...mine is to enjoy the process and not feel pressure...it's what keeps me relaxed)  Working ahead...takes a TON of stress out.....and if I don't start soon, I may be sending duplicate cards out next year.  I honestly don't remember who has received what, and pulling from my stash of the past...runs the risk of getting a duplicate!  

Stamps used:  
https://www.unitystampco.com/red-girl/
(random stampset (retired) from SU for inside
notebook background stamp and speckles stamp for diecut image behind Angie Girl for distress look

Trees: 
Thin metal die (I think it's sizzix?  If not, I just googled offerings...so many cool ones to choose from!!!!)
Card stock from my never ending stash:  SU Cranberry Crisp?  Don't recall the name, but, once again, so many cool lines to choose from out there in Card Stock land!

Patterned Paper:  Anything plaid spoke to me!!!  Glad I had available in my color scheme.  It's hours of perusing from my stash...so many options...and I still find the need to add to my designer paper!  I'll never use it all up!  EVER!  :)

Sorry, wasn't much help for the supplies used, except with this wonderfully fun Angie Girl!!!  I tend to find my "must" and fill in the blanks with what I already have...I literally have a craft store in my studio!!!  I run across super cool supplies I never remembered buying....

Stay tuned for what I end up making!!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More more more!

It's been awhile again....way too much on my plate!  I do keep up with my facebook page better, if interested, you can follow my creatio...