Friday, December 4, 2020

Day 4 Tree Lights on the Way for Christmas Day!!!!

 Today is Day 4.... I knew I needed to get this done fast...so, I did what I often need to do when I'm pressed for time, and my creative mind isn't as working as fast as I'd like it to. I live that, on a day to day basis...where I need to come up with a chocolate creation instantly for a custom gift...it's hard to do sometimes, and I suspect I've lost potential business because I cannot always immediately design a custom chocolate gift. (I'm working on a major one right now for January....and it's hard, especially if it's in the many thousands of units....) When that happens, I need to wait until there is NOBODY in the factory, and the staff have made me components, and then I jump into designing. The more I want to go home and just chill...the quicker I come up with something...

The same scenario can occur with creating cards or scrap book pages...the only difference is...I have no timeline. I can take a week, a month, or even 2 months to create something. That's why MY motivation for hanging out in my craft room is probably very different than most. I do this to keep my mind sharp, and to literally unwind...so, if I stare at a Christmas tree for a scrapbook page for FOUR hours to get a vision of where it should be on a page....(we could drive to Seattle in that time, and YES...I did that once....) it's ok...I am not missing a deadline...
That being said, I've challenged myself to upload a card or creation a day with the Unity Stamps Advent calendar....and I'm doing it during an insanely busy time for me!!! I am absolutely loving it...but...I had to resort to "not reinventing the wheel" this time, and I copied an earlier design of mine for 100% inspiration. It only took an hour last night for this... Sorry, no inside yet (although I finished the inside for yesterday's card...hahaha...so, I got a late start on this one last night!!!)
Day 4 stamp is... the cute little tree lights! I can't wait for the insides...I know what I want to do...easy peasy...just wanted to be in bed a little earlier last night!!!! By the way...I love the set I used here...
For grins, I'm showing you my FOUR HOUR tree...yep, four hours. I remember the night I created this part of the 2 page layout....this was a pivotal point in my scrapbooking style... first, I was going through some very serious grieving....and it's possible, four of those hours were filled with nightly tears, mourning the horrific loss of my niece....the time spent in my craft room, really helped me get through a very hard time.... secondly, these particular pages...was when I decided it was a MUST for me to hand journal moving forward in all my scrapbook pages...(recipe scrapbook pages excluded)...I want generations to come, to see my handwriting, as I cherish seeing generations before me in their unique penmanship..... (important to me!!!!) .... and third...it was these pages, that I started including a little signature mark on my scrapbook pages ... (once again, cookbooks excluded) ... I have since then, hidden (or obvious) a little bird on every page I've designed. Anyhow, I hope to get back to scrapbooking...it really is my passion!!!!
Hope you all have a fun weekend!
Til tomorrow, when I HOPE to have a Day 5!
Trudi






No comments:

Post a Comment

More more more!

It's been awhile again....way too much on my plate!  I do keep up with my facebook page better, if interested, you can follow my creatio...