Saturday, December 12, 2020

Day 5 and 6! Stocking Caps & Wreaths!

DAY 5

Well, I didn't make it past Day 4....although, I did open my little advent day, I needed sleep during the hours I wasn't working in the candy factory.  It was a super stressful chocolate week, and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up as early as last SUNDAY!  I even had Day 5 finished, but couldn't find the time to upload it here....

So...Day 5....is this cute little stocking cap.  I decided to do something FAST...and use a background, I created over 13 years ago....it's the blur ink technique (I honestly don't think it's called that, but, it makes sense to me....)...it's one of the very first techniques I have ever ever EVER learned, like way back in the late 1990s maybe even....it's where you take your stamp, ink it...stamp off on a scratch piece of paper, then...stamp it on your cardstock, but, blur it...do that over and over, and even with different colors...it will look like a blurry soft version of your stamp....then, after all is said and done...stamp darker without the blur, your image....it's a very fun technique....

I've done wheat fields like this, garden images, and I must have loved doing these snowflakes...so much that about 13 years ago, I did extra backgrounds for me to use 13 years later, when I was trying to quickly make something for my Day number 5 of the advent calendar.  

I could have just stopped...but now, I needed to add felt snowflakes that have been sitting in my inventory for about 15 years...and of course BLING.  I have not finished the insides, but, just might do that soon...

This/these card(s) could have taken as little as 20 minutes to make...but, I had to agonize over it....I'm getting better at attempting a quick thing....



 
DAY 6
 
And here is where quick and easy came into play.....Holiday Wreath TAGS
 
So, do you ever worry about all the time you put into something, that most likely will get tossed?  Yes...I think about that....well, I finally made something, that if it got tossed...I wouldn't be wishing I hadn't put excess hours of creating into it...  The tags were a no brainer, and quick, and simple and will be perfect to either tie around a bottle of wine/cider/other...or even attach to a package.  IF a recipient wanted to keep it...it would make a bookmark...but...if it ended up in the garbage...that's ok too....
 
And you know what...I had just as much fun making these simple tags...as I would have making something complex.  I'm getting there on the quick and easy train...  I obviously couldn't decide bling or no bling on the ornaments and the ribbon image on the wreath.  I'm not in love with the glitter....I finally think Wink of Stella on the ornaments and glossy accents on the ribbon...but to be honest, I could have nixed both, and it still would have been ok!  I left the gold chord loose ends to tie easily onto and item or into the bow of whatever I decide to use them with....
 
 


I landed another big order this week...so, may not be keeping up again...but, I'm truly blessed to have these corporate orders sent our way in candy land....by next weekend...we will be winding down for the year.  
 
Toodles~
 
Trudi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More more more!

It's been awhile again....way too much on my plate!  I do keep up with my facebook page better, if interested, you can follow my creatio...